Simply scan articles with a smartphone and either order right away or save for later. No matter where in the warehouse, the Scan-to-Order app is always ready to hand, further optimizing daily work processes while saving you lots of time and money since costly investments in dedicated scanners can be avoided.
“This new product will give our customers a significant competitive advantage. ieffects has once again delivered solid development work. As for previous e-commerce apps, which ieffects has developed for the Sonepar Group since 2011, this Scan-to-Order app is a highly qualified app that significantly alleviates the workday of our customers and thereby naturally increases success,” said Elmar Schröter, Project Manager e-Business at Sonepar Germany.
“In view of the target group of Sonepar Germany, we focused our development efforts on providing a highly user-friendly app that runs smoothly both on Apple and Android smartphones. We have succeeded in this endeavor,” said Urs Marti of ieffects ag in Zurich. The app was tailored to the needs of innovative wholesalers and fulfils the highest performance requirements of end customers from electricians to electronics retailers and clients in the automotive industry.
Highly intelligent mobile orders
- Simple order process: Barcodes in the catalog or labels placed in the warehouse (including Kanban labels with quantity units) are scanned directly. Just enter the order quantity and done!
- Mobile and desktop: If needed, filled shopping carts can be stored temporarily at the online shop, which allows users to get a good overview on the desktop before ultimately submitting the order.
- Offline and online: Scanning also works offline, which is important in case the warehouse does not provide good network connectivity throughout. A WLAN connection is only needed for order submission.
- Reliable: Transmission errors when submitting orders can be avoided, and the database is always up to date. Users can see direct visual feedback via the barcode scan to ensure that the right article is always selected.
- Flexible: Do several employees use the app in your warehouse? The Scan-to-Order app is ideal for this scenario since it can be configured according to the number of employees: For multiple users, it is recommended to select “Direct logout after checkout” during installation.
- Quick: What if the shelves are empty? ieffects also thought of this: Users can simply scan the barcode from the shelf or from the catalog in this case.
The Scan-to-Order app by Sonepar Germany advances digital process integration. Both the app developers of ieffects and project management of Sonepar Germany are convinced of the innovative strength and high added value of the app, which is why they have already thought of additional applications: In addition to order processing at the warehouse, the app is also optimally suited for usage in the store. After entering the customer number, customers can save time by scanning articles with the same app in the store.
Sonepar Germany is part of the Sonepar Group, the worldwide leader in the B2B electronics wholesale industry. Sonepar is also one of the leading companies among German electronics wholesalers and offers electricians, electronics retailers and clients from the electronics industry a comprehensive product selection, fast delivery and follow-up services.